New Zealand government has annnounced a one-off streamlined resident visa which is expected to benefit around 165,000 workers in New Zealand. This should be welcome news and provide certainty to scores of workers
Streamlined Resident Visa Criteria
To qualify for this visa, applicants should:
- be in New Zealand as on 29th September 2021;
- hold an eligible visa;
- meet health and character requirements; and
- have either
- spent a minimum of 821 days in New Zealand; or
- earn median wage of $27 or more per hour; or
- work in a job that is on scarce list.
When To Apply
Applications will be accepted in two phases:
- 1st December 2021; and
- 1st March 2022.
Applications will close on 31 July 2022.
Estimated Processing Time
Applications are expected to be processed within 1 year.