Post Study work visa is an open work visa for international students completing New Zealand qualification at Level 4 and above as under:
- Single qualification at Level 4,5,6 completed after study of 60 weeks or more;
- Two qualifications at Level 4, 5, 6 where each qualification was studied for 30 weeks and 2nd qualification was at higher level;
- Qualification at Level 7 studied for 30 weeks or more.
Post-study work visa is valid for 1-3 years depending upon the level of qualification, whether you studied in Auckland or outside Auckland and when you completed your qualification. If you studied:
- In Auckland or outside Auckland for Bachelor's degree at Level 7 or higher - 3 years;
- In Auckland for Graduate Diploma at Level 7 - 1 year or 2 years if applying for occupational registration;
- In Auckland for acceptable Qualification at Level 4,5 6 - 1 year;
- Outside Auckland for Graduate Diploma completed before 31 December 2021 - 2 years;
- Outside Auckland for Graduate Diploma completed after 31 December 2021 - 1 year
- Outside Auckland for acceptable qualification at Level 4, 5, 6 completed before 31 December 2021 - 1 year;
- Outside Auckland for acceptable qualification at Level 4, 5, 6 after 31 December 2021 - 1 year.
Post study work visa is an open work visa and:
- Job offer is not required to apply for this visa;
- Can work for any employer in any position.
Contact us if you have completed the requisite qualification and wish to apply for post-study work visa.